Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lord of the Rings cards are DONE!!

YAY!

Today I sent off the Lord of the Rings: Evolution sketch cards I've been working on. I did 306 in all (6 of which will be returned to me--hopefully the ones I requested). It's bittersweet. I'm really glad to be done, but I've really had a blast doing these. Each one is an experiment for me. I tried different styles, got carried away, and just enjoyed the LOTR universe. I'm so happy to be a part of this. I'll be beaming about this for many years to come. Can't wait for the next project (well, maybe a few weeks).

As soon as I have them okayed for public viewing, I'll post them up here (and anywhere else the WWW will let me). And, you can always check out progress at a great gallery site showing the work of all the LOTR sketchcartists work!

http://www.LOTRsketchcards.com
http://LOTR.GoldenGoatStudios.com
The TOPPS website

Now, if this sounds a little scatterbrained, that is because I have not slept yet. Last night I spent all night scanning and spraying my cards to get them ready to send out today (they're due at Topps tomorrow morning). I had to rush out to Fed-Ex and ship them overnight. When I got back, I didn't want to go to sleep at 10am and mess my days and nights around even worse than they've been lately, so I've been fighting sleep all day.

Tomorrow, I'll be getting back to my other projects, such as Noble Causes (lettering), Nothingface (coloring), and the other coloring project I have going. I've also got some Nightmare World stuff coming up. And I want to encourage you to check out the new GGS web comics! They're going great so far.

I hope you all had a great new year! I did, and I'm very much looking forward to 2006. We're living in the future, man!! ;o)

Have a great one! Thanks for stopping by.

~Ray

1 comment:

Alannah Brient said...

Wow Rings cards. Thanks for sharing .